Christians Read Authors
Cheryl and Mel Hodde write as Hannah Alexander.
After Cheryl and Mel, a doctor, got married in 1995, they worked together on rewrites of Cheryl’s previous manuscripts. When she marketed them, publishers noticed. Three of her first novels, entitled The Healing Promise, Ozark Sunrise, and A Living Soul have now been published by Heartsong Presents under the name of Hannah Alexander. “I hope this is just the beginning,” Cheryl says. “Mel and I have a lot of stories yet to write.”
Hannah’s Website: http://www.hannahalexander.com.
- Second Opinion
- Hallowed Halls
- Eye of the Storm
- Silent Night, Deadly Night
- The Wedding Kiss
Julie Arduini loves to encourage readers to surrender the good, the bad, and —maybe one day—the chocolate. She’s the author of the re-release, ENTRUSTED: Surrendering the Present, as well as the sequel, ENTANGLED: Surrendering the Past. She also shared her story in the infertility devotional, A WALK IN THE VALLEY. She blogs every other Wednesday for Christians Read. She resides in Ohio with her husband and two children. Learn more by visiting her at http://juliearduini.com, where she invites readers to subscribe to her monthly newsletter full of resources and giveaway opportunities at JULIE ARDUINI: SURRENDER ISSUES AND CHOCOLATE and the weekly e mail. SUNDAY’S SURRENDER AND CHOCOLATE.
Monthly Newsletter: http://eepurl.com/dCFG
Weekly Sunday’s Surrender and Chocolate: http://eepurl.com/bJ5yHP
Surrendered Scribe Media Promotions: (Book release info sent as needed) http://eepurl.com/bXAW0L
(includes Contributor works)
- Who Hung the Moon Upsidedown?
- Delivered: More than a Drink Coaster
- Patches of Life, Buzzard’s Roost
- Run Like a Girl, Snowplow Burial
- Women of Passions, My Writing Testimony and Poem
- Tragedy of Triumph
- The Healing Touch
- Unexpected Answers
- Love and Forgiveness
Elizabeth Goddard is the bestselling, award-winning author of more than twenty-five romance novels and counting, including the romantic mystery, THE CAMERA NEVER LIES–a 2011 Carol Award winner. A 7th generation Texan, Elizabeth graduated from North Texas State University with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and worked in high-level software sales for several years before retiring to home school her children and fulfill her dreams of writing full-time. She currently makes her home in Minnesota with her husband and children.
You can connect with Elizabeth on Facebook: http://facebook.com/elizabethgoddardauthor
or Twitter: http://twitter.com/bethgoddard
- Sheltering Love, February 2012
- Hearts in the Mist, July 2012
- Oregon Outback, July 2012
- Treacherous Skies, December 2012
Judith (Judy) Miller is an award-winning author who has authored or co-authored more than thirty books and novellas. She has been writing historical fiction for Bethany House for the past fifteen years. Her love of unique settings, professions and skills has provided her with an opportunity to share exciting facts with her readers and take her characters into unexpected places where they must overcome difficult conditions and personal challenges. Judy and her family reside in the Kansas City area.
Website: www.judithmccoymiller.com Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/authorjudithmiller
- The Chapel Car Bride
Vicki Hinze is a USA Today bestselling author with many prestigious awards to her credit. She has written thirty novels, 4 nonfiction books, a few short stories and hundreds of articles, published in as many as 63 countries. Hinze is recognized by Who’s Who in the World as an author and as an educator.
Vicki’s Website: www.vickihinze.com
- The Marked Star
- The Marked Bride
- Wed to Death
- Down and Dead in Dallas, Down & Dead, Inc., book 3
- Down and Dead in Even, Down & Dead, Inc., a short story #2
- Down and Dead in Dixie, Down & Dead, Inc., book 1
- Forget Me Not, book 1, Crossroads Crisis Center series, Waterbrook-Multnomah
- Deadly Ties, book 2, Crossroads Crisis Center series, Waterbrook-Multnomah
- Not This Time (book 3, Crossroads Crisis Center series), Waterbrook-Multnomah, February 2012
- Survive the Night (book 1, Lost Inc. series), Love Inspired Suspense, October 2012
- Christmas Countdown (book 2, Lost Inc. series), Love Inspired Suspense, December 2012
- Torn Loyalties (book 3, Lost Inc. series), Love Inspired Suspense, February 2013
Margaret’s website: http://www.margaretdaley.com. Facebook Twitter Goodreads
Newsletter signup on front page at: http://www.margaretdaley.com
- Deadly Fires, Rodeo Knights (book 9, Strong Women, Extraordinary Situations)
- Her Baby Protector (Love Inspired Suspense)
- The Cowboy’s Texas Family (Love Inspired)
- Deadly Night, Silent Night (book 8, Strong Women, Extraordinary Situations)
- High-Risk Reunion, (Love Inspired Suspense)
- Deadly Legacy (book 7, Strong Women, Extraordinary Situations Series)
- Deadly Dose (book 6, Strong Women, Extraordinary Situations Series)
- The Firefighter Daddy (Love Inspired)
- A Baby for the Rancher (Love Inspired)
- Standoff at Christmas (book 4 in Alaskan Search and Rescue Series)
- Deadly Noel (book 5 Strong Women, Extraordinary Situations Series)
- The Knight and the Damsel (book 2, Rodeo Knights Series),
- The Protector’s Mission (book 3 in Alaskan Search and Rescue Series)
- The Nanny’s New Family (Love Inspired),
- Deadly Countdown (book 4, Strong Women, Extraordinary Situations Series)
- Deadly Holiday(book 3, Strong Women, Extraordinary Situations Series)
- Deadly Intent (book 2, Strong Women, Extraordinary Situations Series)
- Deadly Hunt (book 1, Strong Women, Extraordinary Situations Series)
- Severed Trust (book 4, Men of the Texas Rangers)
Maureen Lang writes stories inspired by a love of history and romance. A lifelong reader, at the age of ten she figured out a way to write the stories she feels like reading. Maureen is the author of a dozen novels and her Inspirationals have earned various writing distinctions as a finalist for the Rita, Christy and four times in the Carol Awards. She’s won a Holt Medallion and Holt Award of Merit as well as the Inspirational Reader’s Choice Award. In between researching various eras in history (such as Victorian England, First World War, and Gilded Age) Maureen takes care of her children, including her special needs son, and lives out a real-life romance with her husband just outside of Chicago.
Maureen’s Website: www.maureenlang.com
- The Matchmaker’s Match
- The Cranbury Papermaker
- The Gift-Wrapped Bride
- Bees in the Butterfly Garden, July 2012
- Springtime of the Spirit, book 3, The Great War series, Tyndale House
- Look to the East, book 1, The Great War series, Tyndale House
- Whisper on the Wind book 2, The Great War series, Tyndale House
Yvonne Lehman is a best-selling, award-winning author of 50 novels, the most recent being Aloha Brides, a Barbour collection of three Hawaii historical stories. Hearts that Survive – A Novel of the Titanic is due for release by Abingdon in March of 2012. She directed the Blue Ridge Conference for 25 years and now directs Blue Ridge “Autumn in the Mountains” Novelist Retreat, works with authors in the Gideon Media Arts Festival, and is mentor with the Christian Writers Guild. Makes her home in the mountains of western North Carolina.
- Past the Ps Please
- A Bride Idea
- Moving the Mountain
- A Knight to Remember
- Secret Ballot
- Picture Bride
- Love from Ashes
- By Love Acquitted
- Aloha Love
- Spirit & Heart: A Devotional Journal
- North Carolina Weddings, Barbour
- Kentucky Brides, Heartsong Presents
Tara Randel has enjoyed a lifelong love of books, especially romance and mystery genres. She writes about family values, mystery and, of course, her favorite theme, love and romance, because she believes love is the greatest gift of all. Tara is the author of traditional romance books and mysteries, as well as upcoming releases by Harlequin and Abingdon Press.
Facebook: Tara Randel books
Goodreads: Tara Randel
- The Bridal Bouquet
- Heartwarming Christmas
- Rival Hearts (with Reay Kaplan)
- Honeysuckle Bride
- Magnolia Bride
- Orange Blossom Brides
- Quilts of Love Series
- The Love Assignment
- Lasting Love
- Melody of Love
- This Time Love
- Hidden Hearts
- The Lady in the Attic (A Crafting Mystery Novel)
I majored in Psychology and took pre-med Biology and Chemistry classes at Stanford University. I decided not to go to Medical School (I realize now I would have sucked as a doctor), and instead worked as a biologist researcher for nine years (I know, I know, biologist to novelist? Yes, I’m weird). I did compound development studies for a major pharmaceutical company and product development and method-of-action studies for a smaller biotech company. Incidentally, for several years, I lived with a coworker who had bought her house on her own, and she gave me all her house-hunting horror stories, which made it into Trish’s rental house in Only Uni. I left biology work in 2005 and now I write full-time.
I’ve loved to write ever since Junior High, but I put it aside because I felt convicted that my motives were not pure—I was more interested in being a published author than in serving God and writing for His honor and glory. But in 2003 I felt God’s calling to write again, and I’ve been loving every minute. If you want to write, check out my For Writers page.
I used to play coed volleyball twice a week, but I tore my ACL twice. Yeah, not doing that again. I wrote about Lex in Sushi for One from my own experience, so all that surgery stuff is totally true! My husband still plays volleyball. Between the two of us, we have had 6 surgeries and 7 physical therapists.
Since the beginning of 2009, I’ve started running. I did the Couch to 5K running training program, which takes you from a couch potato to running a 5K in about 9 weeks (it took me several weeks longer than just nine…). Then in May 2010 I started the Jeff Galloway Run-Walk method and that’s when I really started to actually love running. I’m shocked. And maybe a little loco. But if I’m having fun, well, I’d rather be crazy. I ran my very first marathon on December 12th, 2010, in Honolulu, Hawaii, and I’m still training to run more.
In the past few years, I’ve gotten into knitting and also spinning wool into yarn. I love it! I always have a sock project with me and I’m doing more lace knitting lately (Victorian Lace Today is my favorite book!).
My husband and I are staff workers with our youth group at an Asian Christian church in the San Francisco Bay Area. Teens are fun and surprising and a blessing. We also lead a worship team for our church, mostly comprised of teen musicians. I’ve been working with teens since 1996, so all the youth group scenes from Single Sashimiare based on true experiences!
My husband and I adopted our dog Snickers from the Santa Clara animal shelter. She is 50 pounds of pure energy. She has a huge pain threshold and can run full-tilt into doors, pick herself up and take off again. My parents affectionately call her their “granddoggie.”
When I first started writing, I didn’t know if God was going to allow my novels to be published, but the entire experience has taught me more about entirely, completely, totally depending upon Him, and submitting to Him aspects of my life that I never realized I was trying to keep control over. A lot of that struggle is mirrored in my characters’ struggles in my books.
Now, I try to trust in His plans for me—I know that what I write is for Him to use for His own agenda. He knows how He wants to use me, so I just need to go with the flow.
Camy’s Website: www.camytang.com
Mary Alford was inspired to become a writer after reading romantic suspense greats Victoria Holt and Phyllis Whitney. Soon creating characters and throwing them into dangerous situations that test their faith came naturally for Mary. In 2012 Mary entered the Speed Dating contest hosted by Love Inspired Suspense and later received “the call”. Writing for Love Inspired Suspense has been a dream come true. Now an inspirational romantic suspense author, Mary’s debut title, Forgotten Past, was released by Love Inspired Suspense in June 2014.
Mary’s website: www.maryalford.net
- Forgotten Past by Love Inspired Suspense
- Rocky Mountain Pursuit by Love Inspired Suspense
- Standing On The Edge Of Goodbye by Clean Reads
- Montana Skies by Forget Me Not Romances.
Louise M. Gouge has been creating stories since she saw Mary Martin portray Peter Pan on black and white television. She began to write those stories down while in grade school, but it wasn’t until she was close to becoming an empty-nester that she seriously sought publication. Her first book was published by a major Christian publisher in 1994. Twenty-five books later, she’s not slowing down.
Louise’s website: https://louisemgougeauthor.blogspot.com
- Cowboy Lawman’s Christmas Reunion (Four Stones Ranch)
- Cowboy Homecoming (Four Stones Ranch)
- Winter’s Secret
- Journey to Honor (indie ebook only)
- Frontier Want Ad Bride (Love Inspired Historical)
- Loving Winter (Novella)
- Lighthouse Devotions
- Rebel Light
- The Gilded Curse
- Brides of Arizona
- The Cowboy’s Bride
- A Bride’s Agreement (Anthology)
- The Timeless Love (Collection)
- 8 Weddings and a Miracle (Collection)
- Immigrant Brides Collection
- Picture Imperfect
- Sonoran Sweetheart
- Sonoran Star
- Precious Jewels
- An Ostrich a Day
Websites at: https://writinginoverdrive.com/ and https://waltsdisneyland.wordpress.com/
Twitter at: https://twitter.com/WriterJimDenney and https://twitter.com/WaltsDisneyland
- Timebenders No. 1: Battle Before Time (More books in the series releasing soon)
- Walt’s Disneyland: It’s Still There If You Know Where to Look
- Writing in Overdrive: Write Faster, Write Freely, Write Brilliantly
- Write Fearlessly! — Conquer Fear, Eliminate Self-Doubt, Write with Confidence
- Muse of Fire: 90 Days of Inspiration for Writers
- The Success Intersection: What Happens When Your Talent Meets Your Passion (by Pat Williams and Jim Denney)
- Leadership Excellence: The Seven Sides of Leadership for the 21st Century (by Pat Williams and Jim Denney)
- Humility: The Secret Ingredient of Success (by Pat Williams and Jim Denney)
- Lessons My Father Taught Me: The Strength, Integrity, and Faith of Ronald Reagan (by Michael Reagan and Jim Denney)
- Kristen Heitzmann
- James L. Rubart
- Sarah Goebel
- Lynette Sowell
- Kathi Macias
- Yvonne Ortega
- Jen Pheobus
- Susan May Warren
Kristen Heitzmann is the bestselling author of historical and contemporary romantic suspense novels, including Colorado Book Award finalist The Still of Night and Christy Award winner Secrets. She lives with her husband, Jim, extended family, pets, and wildlife in the Rocky Mountain foothills.
- Told You So
- The Breath of Dawn, Bethany House
- Indelible, Random House
- Rush of Wings, Bethany House
- Indivisible, Random House
James L. Rubart is the best-selling, and award winning author of ROOMS, BOOK OF DAYS, and THE CHAIR. During the day he runs Barefoot Marketing, helping authors make more coin of the realm. In his free time he dirt bikes, hikes, water skis and take photos. No, he doesn’t sleep much. He lives with his amazing wife and teenage sons in the Pacific Northwest and still thinks he’s young enough to water ski like a madman.
More at www.jameslrubart.com
- The james L. Rubart Collection
- The Five Times I Met Myself
- Memory’s Door
- Soul’s Gate
- Book of Days
- The Chair
- Spirit Bridge
Sarah Goebel is a graduate of Grace College of Divinity. She has received Certification as a Biblical Counselor through the International Board of Christian Counselors and is also a certified life coach. Sarah’s passion is to share the Word of God. In recent years, she has brought her experience of ministering to women as a Pastor’s wife coupled with her knowledge of Scripture to the world of media and writing. Her prayer is that God will use her programs and written work to set people free from every kind of bondage, and ignite a vision within for a deeper relationship with God and transformation into the image of Christ.
Sarah’s Websites: http://www.sarahgoebel.com
- Experience Real Satisfaction
- Enjoying God Through Purposeful Living (with Stefanie Ertel)
- Experience Godliness God’s Way
- Experience Real Satisfaction
- The Abundant Living Package
Lynette Sowell is the award-winning author of four novels and six novellas for Barbour Publishing. When Lynette’s not writing, she divides her time between editing medical reports and chasing down stories for her local newspaper. Lynette was born in Massachusetts, raised on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, but makes her home on the doorstep of the Texas hill country with her husband and a herd of cats who have them well-trained. She loves reading, cooking, watching movies, and is always up for a Texas road trip.
- Table for Two
- Lone Star Love
- Love Blossoms
- The Sweetheart of Starlight
- Counting on Starlight
- Catch a Falling Star
- A Riverwalk Christmas, Barbour Publishing
- Seaside Romance, Barbour Publishing
- All That Glitters, Heartsong Presents
- A Suspicion of Strawberries
- The Wiles of Watermellon
Visit Jen’s website at: JenPhoebus.com
Susan May Warren is the ECPA and CBA bestselling author of over fifty novels with more than one million books sold. Winner of a RITA Award and multiple Christy and Carol Awards, as well as the HOLT and numerous Reader’s Choice Awards, Susan has written contemporary and historical romances, romantic suspense, thrillers, romantic comedy, and novellas. She can be found online at www.susanmaywarren.com, on Facebook at SusanMayWarrenFiction, and on Twitter @susanmaywarren.
Susan’s Website: www.susanmaywarren.com
- Wild Montana Skies (Montana Rescue Series Book 1)
- Where There’s Smoke (Montana Fire: The Summer of Fire Trilogy Book 2)
- Playing with Fire (Montana Fire: The Summer of Fire Trilogy Book 2)
- Burnin’ For You (Montana Fire: The Summer of Fire Trilogy Book 3)
- Take a Chance on Me (Christiansen Family Series Book 1)
- It Had to Be You (Christiansen Family Series Book 2)
- When I Fall in Love (Christiansen Family Series Book 3)
- Evergreen:: A Christiansen Christmas novella
- Always on My Mind (Christiansen Family Series Book 4)
- The Wonder of You (Christiansen Family Series Book 5)
- You’re the One that I Want (Christiansen Family Series Book 6)
Email me future Christians Read articles.
Join us and we will deliver new articles to your inbox.
You have successfully subscribed. Thanks for joining us. We will email you our future posts. (Mon - Fri)